Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Arrival

Day 3 in Thailand

Hey. I'm here safe and sound. Sorry to all the people that I promised to email when I got here. I have some password issues and I won't be able to access to that email address for a while. The only safe bet for contacting me right now is facebook.

The flights were long but easy enough. I enjoy flying and the airplane food was exceptionally good. I had the tastiest salmon I have ever tasted on one of those flights. Bahrain was very hot and steamy. Being outside for the couple of minutes I was at the airport was intense and probably the hottest I've ever felt outside.

So Sarah and I have been having a great time in Bangkok, seeing all the main sights. My Thai is really coming back to me in a way I did not expect. Our next leg of the journey is Korat in the Northeast, and every time we tell a Thai that they say, "Why you want to go there?" It's considered kind of a backwoods-y area. We plan to travel to four cities in the Northeast region over the next couple of weeks, and we are leaving today. Let me know if there is anything you want to know for when I sign on again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Keep me posted on your journeys to Issan. I am really interested to hear about your views of the red shirts and Cambodian border conflicts!

    ReplyDelete