Tuesday, October 11, 2011

End of the term

I have turned in my grades and am getting ready to travel during our break, which starts in a few days. I am planning to go to Chiang Mai, meet some friends, and explore areas I haven't been yet.

We turned in our grades. It's interesting to give students their final grades because no one fails. Everyone (in this program) gets 75% or higher (everyone is above average, lol). I created a nice sheet to turn in the grades, modeled off of someone else's sheet, and made up the grade sheets for other computer under-literate coworkers.

Sarah and I have been abusing our salaries as of late. We regularly spend a dollar on the best cup of Indian hot tea in the world at a place near the apartment, and maybe also a piece of heavenly cake from there for another dollar. I have been also indulging in some gai yahng (Isaan style grilled chicken) which tends to be more expensive than other food. We have not yet used some free passes we have for the expensive health club in the mall that we got from a friend of a friend of one of our Thai teacher co-workers. Some of the pastries you can get here are to die for (and are all cheap). Sarah is planning to buy a motorbike soon.

Sorry that I don't have much to say this week. Any suggestions on what I should write about next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment