Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DRAGONTURTLE and Other Stunning Korea pictures (pt1)

There is a lot in Korea that is really beautiful. I blew up pictures that I thought looked especially nice in one way or another. However, it is much more fun to look at the pretty pictures I took while I was there than it is to actually be there.

Unfortunately, Jeff could not show me around Seoul much because he was working and he lives in the nearby city of Incheon. So here are some pictures of me roaming the city the first day.



This is a selection of Korean porridge. Doesn't sound appetizing? It isn't.


I took a path into the North where I read about a cool little temple with people chanting. Here you see a man relaxing in the peace. Here I can hear the chanting of the spiritually inclined. I think it's pretty.

Also pretty. That is Seoul Tower in the middle.

Interesting cultural thing. A bar of soap on a metal bar above the sink.

I hear a theme song coming...
This was from my second day of roaming Seoul. I went around the palaces. They are pretty boring to explore, but the pictures turned out great.
So much more pretty in the picture than in person. Best seen full screen.

Same note as previous.



It was just really easy to take nice pictures, but it was pretty boring there.



Probably my favorite picture at the palaces.

Korean food doesn't taste that good, and it doesn't fill you up either. And it's expensive.

This is a packed Buddhist service. I've never seen anything like it in Thailand.


DRAGONTURTLE!


He's looking at me....

A great picture. Also best seen full screen.

My companion for the day, Sarah from Hong Kong.

Had to blow it up for unknown reasons.

Cool building.

This cool thing is in the middle of the city. People hang out down here. Some young lovers too.

I took a lot of bad pictures here. I'm so happy that one turned out well! Yay!

Da crew. We hung out with Gloria a couple times on the left. In the middle is Jeff (thanks again for housing me Jeff), and on the right is Sarah who was also staying with Jeff.
That's it for now. I will try to post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment